THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRACY (TAIPD) is committed to strengthening and extending democracy, social justice, economic well-being and peace for all peoples, within the context of environmental and economic sustainability.
Our mission is to:
- Support the development of more progressive democratic political institutions in order to promote greater participation in the political process and an equal opportunity to influence policy formation.
- Utilize existing ideas and encourage new research to improve understanding of the nature and causes of our social, economic and political problems with the goal of developing and advocating workable, achievable policy proposals, with an awareness of the need to try to anticipate unintended consequences.
- Address both political philosophy and concrete problems such as poverty, crime, access to quality health care, social inequality, environmental degradation, foreign policy, and the abuse of political and/or economic power.
- Advocate for peace with justice in the U.S. and around the world.
- Engage in collaborative efforts with others in order to more successfully pursue:
- understanding of the problems
- development of policy proposals
- implementation of these policies.
- Communicate our concerns and ideas via conversations, publications in various media forms, workshops and conferences, reaching out to the general public, opinion leaders, and public policy makers in terms that are accessible to as wide an audience as is achievable.